Friday 18 September 2009

Better late than never!

I've been planning to write a blog about Petanque, and more specifically my experiences of playing Petanque in Scotland for some time. Well I've finally got around to starting it.

The purpose of this blog is not necessarily to promote the sport, or even to explain it's rules (there are many sites for that - start at www.scottishpetanque.org if you are new to the sport), I'd just like to use it to share my experiences.

We've just about come to the end of the season now, the nights are drawing in and it's getting fresher.  Being hardy souls however, Scottish petanque players will no doubt continue to play well into the winter months.  It's been a mixed season really, there have been some successes, notably finishing 3rd in the Scottish Masters this year and qualifying for the national squads for both the Celtic Challenge and Home Nations internationals next year.  But there have been some disappointing moments too, particularly our dismal defence of the Scottish Triples title, and finishing up 3rd the Central Scotland League having lead for most of the season.

I've titled my blog Highs and Lows, there are a fair few of each, which goes to show that practice is vital to continue to improve and maintain consistency.  I'll be going to the club www.inverleithpetanque.org.uk this weekend for more practice, but for now that's all.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment